6.22.2007

Finally, we have baskets

Ever since we put up our Elfa shelving back in February, we've been storing all my clothing and sundries on open shelves rather than in dresser drawers. And as I got bigger and bigger -- and accumulated a triple-threat wardrobe of pre-maternity, maternity, and post-maternity duds -- the shelves have gotten increasingly out of hand.

My clothes were stuffed into the shelves, overflowing off the sides like the ballooning wardrobe of a college student battling the Freshman 15. I knew we needed baskets, but most of them cost $15-$20 each -- and we needed between 12 and 24 of them. Ideally, I wanted the baskets to nest inside each other, so that I could get them home from the store without too much trouble.

Yesterday I found what I was looking for at The Container Store. These storage bins nest for easy transport (I carried them all home on the bus), but have folding wire handles that instantly turn them into stacking bins, as well. The translucent white color isn't as pretty as wicker or cloth, but at $7 each, I can't complain. And since they're plastic, it means I can label them. I do love labeling things.

I organized all of my clothes and linens by type, and labeled them for easy access. Then I went through all of The Henry's tiny new clothes and divided them up by size. Now TH's outfits are neatly organized in the labeled bins, ready to be worn.

Oh, if only!

No comments: