Naturally, we had The Henry's name embroidered on it. Nerds.
Today I'm finally coming out of my anti-cooking funk. I used to cook constantly, but since I got pregnant I've gone through months-long stretches where I can't stand the sight of raw food. And takeout is boring and tends to make me feel cruddy and cash-poor.
My renewed interest in cooking is probably a nesting thing. Yesterday I went crazy for baking and bought the ingredients to make chocolate-chip cookies, coffee cake, and banana bread. Today I am moving onto the nutritious stuff. I'm going through my cookbooks and planning out some simple slow-cooker dinners for the next few weeks, so that I can stockpile meals in preparation for post-TH sleep deprivation. I'm also going to place a Fresh Direct order with lots of fruits and veggies (which have been sorely lacking of late, since all I crave these days are simple carbs ... thank goodness for prenatal vitamins is all I'm saying).


No comments:
Post a Comment