5.22.2007

Halfway there

It looks like we'll be spending a second night on the sofabed.We have official word that the flooring installation will extend into a third full day.

Right now the bedroom floors are complete, along with a four-foot strip running the remaining length of the apartment. The rest of the floors are leveled and covered with foam matting.


Future Papa came by on his lunch break to move the sofa and refrigerator onto the finished patch of flooring in the living room.

Since my back is bothering me from a long day of sitting on the folding stool in our bedroom, I am now taking some time out on the sofa. It's still up on dollies, so if I move to quickly, it rolls a little bit. But it sure beats being perched on my stool and surrounded by boxes.

In other news, the meter reader stopped by. I haven't seen the ConEd meter reader in about a year, even though I am home all of the time -- I was beginning to think he was an urban legend. He was a nice enough guy, though, and he was in a great mood because he is retiring this month. He told FP and me that he is moving to Henderson, NV, where his house cost a third of the value of our little apartment, his property taxes are $400 a year, and his heating bill is $0.

He then actually uttered the words, "go west, young man."

No comments: