5.06.2007

The beginning of a crazy week

The bi-weekly weigh-in for The Henry was on Friday. He is now up to 4.4 pounds -- that's just over a pound gained in two weeks. At this rate, he should hit the 8-pound mark by the time he's born. Get that epidural ready!

Yesterday was the first of my two baby showers. This one was held in Manhattan for my friends; my mom is hosting one in Jersey for my family next weekend. Lots of fun and delicious Chinese food was had by all. And, mercifully, there were no shower games. So I guess I won't have to taste baby food until I am ready to start playing the Airplane game with TH.

I am getting my MBA in only three days. My class went out in K-town on Friday night to celebrate. It hasn't quite sunk in, though. Even if I weren't going to be on maternity leave for the next five -and-a-half months, I still wouldn't be ready to go back to the real world yet. Then again, having a baby is about as real-world as it gets, and I am counting down the days for that.

No comments: