
Until TH was 3 months old, he slept straight through the night (no feedings, even!), so although he generally refused to nap and went to bed nearly as late as us, it didn't bother us much.
Then at 3 months he stopped sleeping through the night -- still with no naps. And you know, there's only so much of that one can take.

All 3 of us were getting grumpy. So this week I am trying to train TH using the book Healthy Sleep Habits, Happy Child, which advocates lots more sleep than I ever thought possible.
Let's put it this way: The average 4-month-old sleeps 15-16 hours a day. TH was sleeping 8 hours a day. We have a long way to go, but so far I've added 3 naps to his routine, and we're up to around 12 hours total per day. Nights, however, are still difficult.

Maybe those bags he's had under his eyes since birth aren't genetic?

No comments:
Post a Comment